In this tutorial, Paideia Studio shows you how to install OJS (Open Journal Systems) on a web server. First, you must have a hosting service like the one we offer, which also has support and training in OJS. Next, you can download the updated OJS package from this link.
To install OJS on a web server, follow these steps:
- Download the latest version of OJS from the official PKP (Public Knowledge Project) website.
- Upload OJS files to your web server using a file transfer tool such as FTP.
- Create a database to host the OJS data on your web server.
- Access the OJS URL in your web browser to start the installation. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the database setup and site configuration options.
- Once the installation is complete, log in to your OJS administrator account to begin configuring your journal.
Please note that these steps are general and may vary depending on the web server and operating system you are using. We recommend you to review the official PKP documentation for detailed and specific information on how to install OJS in different environments.
Additionally, we share the following video tutorial to help you install OJS on a web server.
How to install OJS on a web server?
If you need help or advice with OJS services, please contact Paideia Studio.